Updated Aug 2021
We hold personal information about all of our employees for employee administration and general management purposes. From time to time, we will ask employees to provide personal information for these purposes. In particular, the information will enable us to administer employee benefits, the payroll system, expenses, holiday, sickness and other absence records, carry out one to ones and performance appraisals, training records, salary reviews, to operate our communications systems and to comply generally with our legal obligations before, during and after employment.
Occasionally, the information we hold may include sensitive data relating to employee health and data held for equal opportunities monitoring purposes. Since we require all these details from employees in order to carry out all the above objectives, employees are obliged to provide the necessary information. It is however appreciated that employees may consider some information to be particularly sensitive, and employees will be informed when replies are not obligatory.
Mankind will from time to time need to make some of the information available to legal and regulatory authorities (such as to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs), to accountants, auditors, lawyers, other outside professional advisers and business contacts, and to other parties which provide products or services to Mankind (such as IT systems suppliers, and pension and benefits administrators).
Employee data will be retained in alignment with Mankind’s data retention policy. With the exception of pension records which will be retained for 7 years after the death of the beneficiary, all human resources data will be deleted 6 years after employees leave Mankind unless we are required to do otherwise for any statutory purpose. All payroll data will be deleted 7 years after employees have left Mankind.
From time to time we use online tools for carrying out surveys and communicating with employees that may collect personal data relating to employees. Information entered on some of these tools may go outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Information provided through third-party giving websites may also be processed outside of the EEA. No other personal information is transferred outside of the EEA. Where such information is processed by third parties, including outside the EEA, Mankind has in place a Third Party Data Processing Agreement with that supplier, which may be viewed upon request by email to email@example.com
Your rights (employees)
Data protection requirements mean that you have specific rights in relation to information about you held by Mankind. You have a right to:
- Be informed of how information about you will be used (Right to be informed)
- Access information held about you (Right of access)
- Request that information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete be rectified (Right to rectification)
- Request deletion or removal of information about you in specific circumstances (Right to erasure)
- ‘Block’ or suppress processing of information about you (Right to restrict processing)
- Obtain and re-use information held about you for your own purposes across different services (Right to data portability)
- Object to processing of information about you (Right to object)
- Withdraw consent at any time where your information is being processed based on that consent
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to processing of information about you. The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
You have a right to object to the processing of information about you.
If you have any questions relating to this Fair Processing Notice or to exercise your rights in relation to information we hold about you please contact the Mankind office at firstname.lastname@example.org