Updated Aug 2021
Data protection legislation regulates the way in which information about you (received as part of applying for employment or for a volunteering role with Mankind), both in electronic and paper form, is held and used. This Fair Processing Notice sets out how we will hold and use your personal information to allow individuals to apply to work or volunteer with Mankind, or via an agency.
From the point at which we receive your application to work or volunteer with Mankind we maintain and process information about you for the purposes of reaching and communicating a recruitment decision and production of an offer of employment or a volunteer role with Mankind as appropriate. Such information is normally retained for six months following completion of our recruitment processes in the event that an offer of employment or a volunteer role is not made and taken up.
Where an offer is made and taken up a further Fair Processing Notice relating to employees or volunteers as appropriate will be provided.
The following personal information will be processed at the recruitment stage:
- Applications and CVs
- Interview notes and selection test results
- Identity checks
- Professional qualifications
- Letters of offer and acceptance of employment or a volunteer role
- Reference requests
The information we hold may include sensitive data, for example information held for equal opportunities monitoring purposes.
The information Mankind holds is held and processed to meet Mankind’s legal responsibilities and also for the purposes of management and administration of an offer of employment or a volunteer role, ascertaining the suitability of the applicant, to comply with equal opportunity, immigration and money laundering legislation and, from time to time, the need to disclose information we hold about you to relevant third parties (for example where we are legally obliged to disclose your information to a public authority).
None of the operations Mankind performs on personal information constitutes “automated decisions”.
Data protection requirements mean that you have specific rights in relation to information about you held by Mankind. These rights include:
- Right to be informed of how information about you will be used
- Right of access to information held about you
- Right to rectification of information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure of information about you (sometimes known as the right to be forgotten)
- Right to restrict processing of information about you
- Right to data portability (to obtain and re-use information held about you for your own purposes across different services)
- Right to object to the processing of information about you
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to processing of information about you. The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
The contact details for Mankind in relation to processing of personal information, for any questions regarding this Fair Processing Notice, or to exercise your rights in relation to information we hold about you, are:
1 Brunswick Road
East Sussex BN3 1DG
Mankind’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted on email@example.com