Updated Aug 2021
Under data protection requirements Mankind is required to inform you how we will process any information that we hold in relation to you. This Fair Processing Notice is specific to supporters of Mankind. Mankind’s main Privacy Notice also forms part of our commitment to respecting and keeping safe personal information.
Legal basis of processing
- Mankind processes information about you on the basis of consent, and where necessary on the basis of explicit consent
- Mankind ensures that it has opt in consent from supporters as to what they want to hear from the charity in relation to and through what communication channel they want to hear.
What information we hold, why we hold and what we do with it
In relation to supporters in general
- Personal details, such as contact details, date of birth, and other personal information for identifying you as an individual
- What you want to hear from us about and how you want to hear from us
- Other details individuals choose to provide, including where applicable equality, diversity and inclusion information (so that Mankind can monitor how inclusive we are as a charity)
In relation to donors and sponsors
- Information relating to the administration of donations and sponsorship
In relation to individuals who make donations to Mankind via third-party giving websites
- Information relating to the administration of donations via third-party giving websites
Why we would share your information
Organisations/agencies we may share your personal information with include:
- Third party providers that provide payment services to individuals who want to donate to or sponsor Mankind
- Third-party giving websites that provide a service to individuals who want to support Mankind through these giving websites
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs where individuals who give to Mankind have declared an amount eligible for Gift Aid
We would not otherwise share your information without your consent.
How long we would hold your information and where we store your information
The information will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is processed. Where Mankind has opt in consent from supporters as to what they want to hear from the charity in relation to and how they want to hear about it we ensure that each communication includes an opt-out option. Where information needs to be retained, for example in relation to a transaction with an individual, we ensure the retention period is in line with legal and best practice requirements. Financial records, for example in relation to donations and sponsorship from an individual, are normally retained for up to 10 years.
Mankind’s own systems are all based in the UK. Where an individual has opted to receive further updates from Mankind, from time to time we may use online tools for communicating with you and carrying out surveys that may collect personal information relating to you. Information entered on some of these tools may go outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Information provided through third-party giving websites may also be processed outside of the EEA. No other personal information is transferred outside of the EEA. Where such information is processed by third parties, including outside the EEA, Mankind has in place a Third Party Data Processing Agreement with that supplier, which may be viewed upon request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection requirements mean that you have specific rights in relation to information about you held by Mankind. You have a right to:
- Be informed of how information about you will be used (Right to be informed)
- Access information held about you (Right of access)
- Request that information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete be rectified (Right to rectification)
- Request deletion or removal of information about you in specific circumstances (Right to erasure)
- ‘Block’ or suppress processing of information about you (Right to restrict processing)
- Obtain and re-use information held about you for your own purposes across different services (Right to data portability)
- Object to processing of information about you (Right to object)
- Withdraw consent at any time where your information is being processed based on that consent
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to processing of information about you. The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
You have a right to object to the processing of information about you.
If you have any questions relating to this Fair Processing Notice or to exercise your rights in relation to information we hold about you please contact the Mankind office at email@example.com